Green and growing

My story about being a Green politician in Canada, and why it was the best thing I ever did.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Formalities and organization

Well, the paperwork is all filed with Elections Canada and we have received confirmation that we will be on the ballot. It is always a worry to make sure that all of the required documentation is lined up and that there are no missing spaces to be filled in.

Over a hundred voters in Lambton-Kent-Middlesex (in Mount Brydges, Strathroy, Ilderton and Granton) signed my nomination papers, supporting the notion that the Green Party should be on the ballot in LKM. The reception was astounding (compared to 2006), and almost everyone I asked agreed to help get us registered. It is quite remarkable really, and I am deeply grateful to those people for their help.

The signs have arrived, and there are more on the way. LKM is such a large riding that we need about 10 or 12 area sign coordinators to make sure that all sign requests are handled efficiently. If you would like to help out with this please give us a call (519 666 1203).

There are several all candidates meetings being arranged, and I will get a schedule up by the end of the week. I look forward to talking with you in the weeks to come .. we will be at election day before we know it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home