Green and growing

My story about being a Green politician in Canada, and why it was the best thing I ever did.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Tired of reading blogs

I read dozens of blogs every day. Not always the same ones, as I tend to go to aggregaters and see what titles interest me. However, I would say that 95% of the time, I can tell what the blogger is going to say ahead of time. Perhaps its just the politics, but it seems everyone has a bias that they inject into everything they write. I'm sure I am no different, but at least I try to see the benefit in the opposite point of view.

The other 5%, though, are really worth reading. I love it when someone can step outside their partisanship and history, and have a fresh look at an issue, and share those insights with others. I guess that is what keeps me coming back.

That is one reason why I appreciate true journalists. I enjoy Chantal Hebert and Andrew Coyne, for example. You just don't know what they might say next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home